Whether you wish to make a claim or one is being made against you or dealing with a dispute whether small or large can be a stressful experience, especially if you are unsure about the relevant law, cost and procedures involved. We handle a wide range of disputes and can provide practical advice with the aim of identifying your chances of success and resolving the matter quickly and cost effectively.
We can help with such matters as:
- Issues arising from landlord and tenant relationships
- Boundary, property and neighbourhood problems
- Disputes arsing from building works or with retailers, suppliers or service providers
- Problems arising from contracts
- Claims on an estate for someone who has passed away
- Claims for payment of money (whether made by or against you)
Wherever possible we will try to help you settle disputes by negotiation. In many cases disputes can be resolved by using alternate dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as mediation, which tends to be more informal than going to court. There are occasions however when court action is unavoidable and in that event we can guide you through the relevant procedures and help you to present your case effectively.